Even the ubiquitous health promotion today cannot reduce the number of people who smoke. But most of them are completely unaware that they do not smoke according to the rules, thus harming themselves. Inappropriate smoking is more harmful to the body.
Apparently, what difficulties can arise when smoking?
Just take a cigarette, light it, hold it to your lips and inhale. In reality, however, everything is a little more complicated, in the smoking process there are also some rules and characteristics that must be taken into account. If you follow them, you can slightly reduce the damage to your body. In this article, you will learn how to properly hold and smoke a cigarette.
What to do first?
There is a simple movement that occurs in people who smoke for a long time. Before lighting a cigarette, they tapped the pack on the palm of their hand or tapped the table to shake the contents. They make the same movement with the cigarette when removing it from the packaging. From the outside, it may seem like some kind of mandatory ritual or some kind of nervous habit. But when you ask a smoker why he is doing this, you will find that this way he weakens the smoke by letting it out. The result of this manipulation is the fact that the cigarette is easier to smoke, takes longer and is not as strong.
The next step is to find out how to hold the cigarette properly. To do this, you need to press on the base of two fingers. It is best to trap between the index and the middle. Then, lower the cigarette.
It is known that the majority of male smokers prefer to pinch the cigarette with the index finger and thumb, hiding the cigarette from others.
To hide your bad habit, you need to hold your cigarette in the same way, but at the same time bend your fingers towards your palm. Thanks to this, you can make the cigarette less visible in your hand.
Now let's light a cigarette. This can be done using matches or a lighter. The cigarette must be held between the lips and the fire must be taken to the opposite side. At this point, you need to start pulling air through it. Just like drinking a little liquid through a straw - these actions are somewhat similar to each other. The moment you light the fire, wait until the cigarette starts to burn on its own. Without waiting for it, it will simply be extinguished, which is why it needs to have the opportunity to explode. The process of slowly burning a cigarette must be uniform.
Common ways of smoking
How to smoke and hold a cigarette correctly? There are many different ways. We will share with you those that are used more often than others.
- You should start with this: hold a cigarette between your lips. Hold it with your fingers, set it on fire and inhale the smoke. You should not do this too hard, or you will have a violent cough.
- To taste the tobacco, you need to hold the smoke in your mouth for a few seconds to cool it down.
- Then the smoke must be exhaled through the mouth. This should be done with the lips slightly compressed, as in a kiss.
- The entire smoking process must continue until the distance from the filter to the flaming smoke is half a centimeter.
- Don't forget to shake the ashes. This should be done after every second or third puff. The ashes should be shaken by holding the cigarette with your thumb and middle finger, tapping it closer to its smoking edge with your index finger.
The French way of smoking is also common among smokers. It consists of the fact that after a puff, the smoke is exhaled through the mouth, after which it must be aspirated again through the nose.
In addition, there is also a known method that differs because the smoke is exhaled through the nose. For example, it happens that a person does not smoke and literally exhales smoke immediately without inhaling it into the lungs or holding it in the mouth. Then, it barely reaches the lungs.
If you fall into the trap of bad habits, particularly smoking, you need to learn not only the rules of the process itself, but also the rules of behavior when you want to smoke.
A person thinking about how to start smoking will clearly be embarrassed during the process. For an aesthetic appearance, you need to try to adhere to smooth movements when pulling and not coughing.
What is smoking etiquette and how is it?
You have learned to smoke and hold a cigarette correctly, but that is not enough, it is also important to learn about the informal etiquette of smokers.
Consists of the following rules:
- If you just smoked a cigarette, it should be completely out.
- Before lighting a cigarette at a party or in someone else's car, you must ask the property owner or driver for permission.
- It is considered uneducated for a woman to smoke while walking. For men, this is acceptable.
- It is not customary to talk with a cigarette in your teeth, to blow smoke in front of your interlocutor or surrounded by other people.
- If you haven't finished smoking yet, put your cigarette in the ashtray and it goes out, you shouldn't light it again.
- When smoking a cigarette indoors, do not shake the ashes on the floor. To do this, you need to use an ashtray.
- If a woman decides to smoke a cigarette in the presence of a representative of the opposite sex, the man should light the cigarette.
- If someone asks you to smoke a cigarette, you should know that this is a violation of etiquette and you can only do this in extreme cases.
What do you need to know about smoking?
- Never smoke in places where flammable substances are present.
- Smoking on an empty stomach can cause nausea.
- Smoking can cause miscarriage in pregnant women.
- Nicotine causes the appearance and exacerbation of ulcers, intestinal colitis and the development of other problems of the digestive tract.
- The smoke nicotine poison usually affects the lungs, larynx, esophagus and other organs, causing cancer.
- Secondhand smoke is as dangerous to health as active smoking, especially for people with asthma and heart problems.
- Male and female reproductive function depends directly on smoking.
- You should not smoke in bed, as cigarette smoke can hit the fabric and cause a fire.
- Beginners may develop symptoms of nicotine poisoning. Until the body gets used to the bad habit, symptoms can manifest as nausea, dizziness and vomiting.
In this article, we examine in detail how to hold a cigarette and how to smoke it. If you have become addicted to this bad habit - decide for yourself. Before you start smoking, you should be aware of all the possible health consequences and risks to the body that smoking can have on you and your loved ones.