The words "cigarette" and "health" are incompatible with each other, and the consequences can be the most irreversible, and a person of any age should know the dangers of smoking. Nicotine is a powerful toxin that gradually destroys the cells of the bronchopulmonary system and then the entire body. Therefore, realizing the colossal harm of smoking, it is important to finally get rid of this destructive addiction, take various preventive measures for the final removal of toxic substances.
what is smoking
This bad habit is a global problem of our time, because every year it is rapidly "getting younger". The number of male smokers is constantly growing, and the female body is often characterized by such a deadly addiction. Cigarette smoking is equated with alcohol dependence, as in both cases a person can die from deadly diseases. In recent years, many people have noticed this problem and given up smoking, but the younger generation is still eager to "try it all".
How many harmful substances are in a cigarette
Useful information for heavy smokers: A cigarette contains about 4, 000 chemical compounds, 40 of which are poisons that are harmful to health. These are carbon dioxide, arsenic, nicotine, cyanide, benzapyrene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, hydrocyanic acid. After arbitrary inhalation of tobacco smoke (this applies to the health of passive smokers), pathological processes also predominate in the body, which provoke radioactive substances such as polonium, lead, bismuth. This chemical composition only provides the harmful effects of tobacco.
What is harmful smoking
The chemicals contained in cigarettes can be lethal to humans if they enter the body for too long. Thousands of people die every year from destructive addiction at a relatively young age, and even more are prone to chronic cough, bronchitis, obstructive lung disease, and other illnesses with unforeseen clinical outcomes. Therefore, it is important to treat tobacco dependence and the consequences of its prevalence in a person's life in a timely manner.
The harm of smoking on the human body
During a period of prolonged exposure to nicotine, all organs and internal systems suffer, as in smokers the blood is enriched not with oxygen, but with toxic substances. This pathological condition favors atherosclerosis, becoming the main cause of most cardiovascular diseases. However, health problems do not stop there, the presence of addictions contributes to a decrease in intellectual abilities and not only that.
The first step is to note that nicotine can negatively affect the potency of stronger sex. Men who smoke for a long time do everything to face erectile dysfunction before the age of 40. For a full life and an active representative of the stronger sex, this is a tragedy, so you should not bring your own body to the appearance of these pathologies. In addition to heart disease, health problems can include:
- chronic bronchitis;
- lack of tissue oxygen (hypoxia);
- progressive retinal dystrophy;
- decreased visual acuity, hearing;
- deterioration of the appearance and structure of the skin;
- exacerbation of nervous diseases;
- Chronic cough;
- gradual yellowing, destruction of tooth enamel;
- Malignant tumors.
These pathologies are partially characteristic of the female body, if the fairer sex smokes. Nicotine in high concentration causes a chronic form of bronchitis, emphysema, does not exclude the presence of diagnosed infertility. Smoking kills gradually, but at first it makes a woman an invalid. If we talk about diseases of the respiratory tract, nicotine is not limited to this pathological process. Cigarettes harm the body on a massive scale, and here are the conditions that occur:
- nicotine contributes to miscarriage in early pregnancy;
- the presence of a persistent cough of a smoker becomes the norm of everyday life;
- smoking increases the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke of cerebral vessels;
- the negative effects extend to the skin, contribute to its aging;
- there is a change in the timbre of the voice, constantly worried about dry cough;
- smoking can result in lung cancer;
- nicotine can cause deep depression;
- smoking causes relapse-prone mental disorders;
- the vessels of the stomach under the influence of nicotine pathologically narrow, peristalsis is disturbed;
- Cigarettes cause serious damage to the structure of nails, hair, teeth.
for the child's body
Teenagers also "get involved with cigarettes", not understanding how they can suffer the negative effects of nicotine in the future. Smoking increases the risk of developing chronic diseases, and the health consequences can be the most irreparable - death from lung cancer at a relatively young age. Drinking alcohol and smoking causes the following pathologies in adolescents:
- a cigarette reduces intellectual abilities, significantly inhibits psychomotor functions;
- the consequences of smoking for a student are accompanied by a risk of diseases of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems;
- cigarette damage becomes the main cause of cancer, the formation of tumors not only in the bronchopulmonary system;
- if a teenager becomes addicted to such a drug, the consequences affect the physical and mental state;
- bad habits disturb metabolism, increase body weight, contribute to the development of obesity.
Realizing how smoking affects the human body, it is important to know all the existing diagnoses that a smoker may face personally at a young age. Less but also visible harm from hookah smoking. If a person smokes constantly, then he should understand that the following chronic diseases with the most unexpected clinical outcome can overtake him:
- chronic bronchitis;
- lung emphysema;
- malignant lung tumor;
- vascular atherosclerosis;
- myocardial infarction;
- obliterating endarteritis;
- impotence and frigidity;
- pulmonary thromboembolism;
- congenital deformities of the child;
- extensive pathologies of the digestive tract;
- diagnosed infertility;
Smoking is harmful to health and colossal. Nicotine with prolonged exposure causes cell mutation, promotes the formation of malignant neoplasms. The problem is compounded by the genetic predisposition to such pathologies. Oncology ends in death, and a person can die at a young age. Illness brings physical torment and mental suffering, and the pathological process cannot always be stopped. Therefore, it is important to explain to the child from an early age why smoking is harmful.
The evil of smoking for others
Giving up bad habits is not only good for your health, but also for others. The harm of smoking cigarettes is felt by bystanders and close relatives who have regular contact with a heavy smoker. The nicotine in tobacco smoke causes an increased heart rate, heart rhythm disturbances, coughing, and even severe asthma attacks. When faced with secondhand smoke, here are some things to be especially wary of:
- risk of miscarriage (for pregnant smokers);
- reduced fertility;
- depressive state;
- redness, eye irritation;
- dry throat, perspiration;
- coughing fits, choking;
- decline in performance.
The harm of smoking is obvious after the first cigarette, such as sore throat, unpleasant odor and dryness of the mucous membranes in the throat. This is just the beginning, in the future changes in the body may become irreversible. Here's what heavy smokers should be especially wary of:
- increased concentration of fatty acids and cholesterol in the blood;
- increased risk of sudden death;
- development of cardiac ischemia in women;
- increased risk of atherosclerosis.
Statistics report that up to 3, 000 people of all ages die from passive smoking each year. If a child has parents who smoke, about 2, 700 newborns and first-year children die from sudden death syndrome. From extensive pathologies of the myocardium and cardiovascular system, up to 62, 000 people die annually. The facts collected are not comforting, so before lighting another cigarette, it is important to always remember such shocking statistics.