Addiction causes enormous damage to the body in the form of serious illness,unpleasant odor from the mouth, yellowed skin, increased fatigue. The health of passive smokers suffers even more. The conclusion is suggested: it is necessary to stop smoking in order not to poison your life and that of those close to you. Many smoking men and women ask themselves: is it possible to say goodbye to a bad habit on your own, in an easy and simple way? You can, by following a few simple rules. But, simply or easily, it will depend on you personally.
A little about a bad habit
Nicotine has a negative effect on human health. Smokers can have diseases of the heart and blood vessels, stomach and intestines, bronchi and lungs. A dangerous hobby causes oncological diseases to appear much more frequently than in non-smoking patients. In men, they are problems of potency, in women - infertility. Newlyweds who smoke create an unhealthy basis for the development of future children.
Cigarettes are a real poison that slowly kills a nation's health.
Getting rid of nicotine addiction on your own
First, make an important and unwavering decision about quitting. Next:
- Eliminate your first cigarette companions - coffee and alcohol from the established diet. Consume jams and juices, jams and teas.
- Postpone meetings with smoking friends for at least a month.
- If you are tormented by the urge to smoke, drink a glass of pure water, eat an apple, mint candy, chew gum.
- Avoid, during the time, those situations and places where you smoke most often: clubs, places of entertainment, lunch breaks at work, trips with nature friends.
- Eliminate habits that can remind you of smoking: lighters and ashtrays, pipes and souvenir cigarette holders.
- You should not keep a pack of cigarettes at home "just in case". It is necessary to get rid of them immediately, so that the temptation does not torment.
- Save money every day that you would expect to spend on cigarettes. With the amount collected, buy yourself a nice thing that you have always dreamed of.
- Practice physical activity or modeling, physical preparation, visit the pool. Increase sports loads gradually.
- Spend a lot of time outdoors, walking in parks, near water courses.
- Take bike rides. In your free time, listen to good music, watch interesting films, read and reread exciting books.
- Find an activity for yourself that can distract you from obsessive thoughts and desires. For example, women can do sewing, embroidery, knitting; men - carpentry.
- Cultivate strength and will in your character. These qualities will help you stay on target midway.
- Think about the pleasant changes that will occur to you over time, after breaking your "relationship" with a cigarette. These include: excellent health and fresh complexion, thick hair and white teeth, an athletic figure and a well-groomed appearance, scholarship and intelligence, healthy children and a good mood.
Personal recommendations for yesterday's smokers
Herbalists also have many useful tips. Your recipes will help facilitate the process of quitting a cigarette:
- Grind the oats. Pour three teaspoons of the product with a glass of boiled water. Put on low heat for five minutes. Insist for an hour. Strain and take the infusion three times a day before meals, a third of a cup for thirty days.
- Eat a few drops of fish oil with bread for a month.
- Prepare a teaspoon of loose tea from India or Ceylon with two cups of boiled water. Add nettle leaves, peppermint, fragrant rue and chicory roots in half a teaspoon to the tea leaves. Leave the tea for 10 minutes. After filtering, consume half a glass two or three times a day.
- Pour two teaspoons of eucalyptus leaves with a glass of boiled water. Leave to infuse for an hour. Strain the infusion and add honey with glycerin, a tablespoon of each component. Drink this infusion for a month 4 times a day for 1/2 cup.
If you use traditional medicine recipes, you can stop smoking on your own.