With rising cigarette prices and a ban on smoking in public places, all cigarettes are important. Make sure you know how to properly enjoy smoking a cigarette. Smoking can have very serious health consequences, including cancer. But if you have weighed all the risks and decided to smoke a cigarette, you also need to know all the correct nuances of smoking. With the right brand, location and technique, you can get the most out of your cigarettes.
Selecting a cigarette
- Choose your favorite brand of cigarette.Often, a novice smoker chooses light or super-light cigarettes.This is recommended because the nicotine content of these cigarettes is generally very low. Once you realize that you really need to smoke, try to enjoy smoking. The only way to find out which brand you like best is to try a variety. Experiment with it.
The taste is somewhat subjective. Therefore, you may have to try trial and error before you find a brand of cigarette that you really like.
- Consider menthol cigarettes.If you find that the taste of normal cigarettes is unpleasant, consider switching to menthol cigarettes. Menthol cigarettes contain a non-tobacco additive that produces a menthol flavor when inhaled. Most major cigarette brands contain the menthol variety.
- If you don't like mint-flavored foods and drinks, you probably won't like menthol cigarettes. They have a very strong mint flavor.
- If you have smoked normal cigarettes in the past, you may not like menthol cigarettes. Many people who have acquired a taste for natural cigarettes are not very fond of candies.
- Smoke with cloves.Cloves are a common spice used in cooking and baking. Cloves can be flavored with tobacco to create a tasty cigarette.
- If you don't like the taste of menthol and normal cigarettes, cloves can be a good intermediate option. The added flavor can make them more aggressive than a normal cigarette. However, the taste is much milder than menthol.
- Cloves can be very strong, so be careful when smoking. As they can make you look frivolous, don't smoke blackheads while driving.
- Try flavored cigarettes. If you are looking for a special flavor, there is a wide variety of flavored cigarettes on the market. Cigarettes come in various flavors, such as cherry, chocolate, orange, mango and so on. The taste is quite obvious. The taste of cigarettes is similar to that of the label. Flavored cigarettes can be a good option if you don't like regular cigarettes, but you also don't like cloves and menthol.
Light a cigarette
- Push a pack of cigarettes.Most cigarette brands benefit from good packaging. Squeeze the cigarette pack, this makes the cigarette smoke thicker, making the cigarettes burn more slowly and increase the flavor of the tobacco. Before opening the plastic wrap around the pack, flatten the pack of cigarettes and lower the pack with the filter facing your palm and shake the cigarettes for 10-20 seconds.
- Turn the closed pack upside down, so that the opening through which you must take out the cigarettes is facing downwards.
- Place your palm free.
- Hit the cigarette pack firmly in the palm of your hand three times.
- Expand the package 180 degrees (still upside down).
- Repeat compaction to ensure that the cigarettes seal evenly at both ends of the pack.
- Know when NOT to shake. Some cigarettes are already full of tobacco.
- Use a good lighter.Not only are first cigarettes different from a better quality lighter, you will learn to love and appreciate your lighter if it is of superior quality.
- Light a cigarette.Bring the tip of the cigarette filter to your lips. Light your lighter and light the flame just below the cigarette butt. Pull deeply two or three times while the flame is still touching the tip of the cigarette to light it properly. Do this until the entire end of the cigarette is on and off. You can rotate the cigarette when you light it, if it doesn't burn evenly.
Smoking a cigarette
- Cigarette smoke.When smoking, make sure you're not in a hurry, that you won't be disturbed, and that you're alone or with people you care about. This will allow you to enjoy your smoking time much more, especially if you have smoking friends.
- Breathe a cigarette. Bringing the cigarette to her lips, she must not lose her teeth. Bring the lit cigarette to your lips and then gently suck in the smoke, continuing to inhale it evenly into your lungs, hold the smoke for a second and then breathe in normally through your mouth, drawing air into your lungs. It also helps to reduce mouth cancer. For the initial stage, shallow puffs should be taken, as deep breathing can cause coughing.
- When inhaling, do not hold the smoke in your mouth and breathe out quickly.
- Some people recommend that you lightly moisten your lips with your tongue before bringing the cigarette to your mouth to prevent it from sticking to your lips.
- Exhale the smoke.After inhaling, leave the smoke in your lungs for a short time and then exhale. Inhale as usual to check lung volume, wait a while and exhale. To check that you smoke correctly and that smoke enters your lungs, exhale through your nose. Inhale and if the smoke does not come out of the nose, it will remain in the mouth.
- Extinguish correctly.Once you're done, don't let the fire touch the filter. The filter gases are terrible to smell and taste.The cigarette must be in the ashtray whenever it almost reaches the filter. Remember to shake your cigarette. Shake the cigarette in the ashtray if there is ash. There is no exact length to throw a cigarette in the ashtray, so keep an eye on the cigarette.
- Tap the cigarette lightly with your index finger to shake the ash off the tip, do this on the ashtray.
- Do not brush ash on the floor, you can accidentally burn your clothes or leave permanent stains on your clothes.
- Put out the cigarette.After smoking a cigarette, put it out in the ashtray. Going out into the street, after smoking, take out a good cigarette and throw it in the trash can. A fire can easily start from an unextinguished and incorrectly launched cigarette butt. There are several ways to put out cigarettes:
- You can put out a cigarette by pressing it against a flat surface until it stops burning.
- You can hit the cigarette on the ashtray several times until it goes out.
- You can also drop the butt of the cigarette and put out the flames with your boot. Remember that this will leave a black mark on the pavement. Take the cigarette butt and throw it in the trash.
- If you don't have an ashtray and don't want to leave big marks on the asphalt when you put it out with your boot, you can turn the light off. That is, you need to click on the cigarette so that the lit part of it falls. The extinction of a light that has gone out will leave a minor point. Don't forget to throw the cigarette in the trash.
- Hold the cigarette correctly.Hold the cigarette between your index and middle finger somewhere on the filter. How exactly to handle it depends on what is comfortable for you.Be careful with the lit end of the cigarette when holding it. You can accidentally burn someone.
- Don't gesture with your cigarette.If you have to point at something during a conversation, use your other hand. The hand that holds the cigarette should be relatively still, except when you bring the cigarette to your lips.
- Ask before lighting a cigarette during a visit. If you're visiting or driving, don't light a cigarette without asking. If someone doesn't want you to smoke in your home, treat them with respect.
- Control yourself.Don't throw cigarettes into the trash without putting them out completely, as this can cause a fire. Don't throw cigarettes on the floor without thinking. Do not litter. The cigarette must be put out in the ashtray or on a hard surface and then discarded. Tips:
- Never smoke too many cigarettes at the same time, as this can cause nausea and a sore throat.
- Smoking is expensive, so limit yourself to a certain number of cigarettes a day. Don't waste all your money on them!
- Try different brands and varieties of cigarettes to find what you like best.
- We recommend switching to electronic cigarettes.
- Check the smoke legislation.
- Don't litter! Always dispose of cigarette butts properly.
- You can carry a pocket ashtray with you if you are often in a situation where you cannot find a place to throw away your cigarette butts.
- Bring mint-scented hand lotions or use mint body deodorants to mask the smell of cigarettes from people you don't like.
- Smoking is very dangerous and harmful to almost every organ.
- Smoking and secondhand smoke during pregnancy have a negative effect on the development of the embryo, which increases the risk of miscarriage. It also increases the likelihood of premature birth, birth defects, sudden infant death syndrome.
- Secondhand smoke can also cause cancer, so try not to smoke around people who don't want to be exposed to smoke toxins.
- Try not to expose children to secondhand smoke, as they may not have enough knowledge to independently guess how to get out of the smoke zone.
- Nicotine is addictive, since smoking becomes a habit, it is very difficult to stop smoking.
- Nicotine overdose can cause sore throat, headache and nausea. If you are new to smoking, don't smoke too much at once.
- Nicotine overdose can cause poisoning with abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, vomiting, headache, confusion and loss of consciousness. Call an ambulance immediately if you suspect that a person has nicotine poisoning.
- The smell of cigarette smoke tends to permeate clothes, hair and your breath.
- Always dispose of your cigarette butts responsibly. An unplugged cigarette butt can cause a fire.